What is Virtual Therapy?
Virtual therapy offers a new way for patients to get the help that they need. Virtual therapy:
- Leverages proven, easy-to-use technologies that have been adapted for this specific purpose and are free to users
- Enables screen-to-screen interactions between patients and practitioners via adapted web-based video conferencing technology that is HIPAA and HITECH compliant
- Provides a convenient alternative to office visits, can supplement existing patient/practitioner relationships or facilitate new treatment programs via remote connection
- Combines different communication methodologies: audio/video conferencing, instant messaging, file sharing and more
- Consolidates highly qualified and third party-verified therapists in a single environment for convenient comparison and evaluation