To support our community during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are offering new practitioners their 1st Month FREE - Enter Code VTCHELPS

Our Community

Mental Wellness Blog

Learn from our network of mental wellness experts.
GET THE LATEST

Virtual Practice Blog

Get tips & advice on managing a virtual practice.
GET THE LATEST

Submit an Article

Share your expertise with the community.
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE

How I Stumbled into a Virtual Practice

How I Stumbled into a Virtual Practice

Originally, I stumbled into virtual therapy accidentally as I was striving to meet the evolving needs of my clients. At that time, I had been working with a particular client for four years who was moving to London. This client, though highly functional, wanted to...
What Does a Modern Therapy Practice Look Like?

What Does a Modern Therapy Practice Look Like?

Philosophical interest in what we now describe as psychology dates back thousands of years—the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Indians and Chinese all investigated the mind and studied human behavior. Over the centuries, ideas became more refined. By the 8th Century AD,...
Top 5 Reasons Why Practitioners Should Consider Virtual Therapy

Top 5 Reasons Why Practitioners Should Consider Virtual Therapy

There is nothing more rewarding than helping your psychotherapy patients achieve their goals. It’s easy to dream of breakthroughs and full-recoveries but the truth is, making real headway requires time, trust and an established therapeutic relationship based on...
Why Consider Virtual Therapy? Continuity of Care.

Why Consider Virtual Therapy? Continuity of Care.

When clients and providers ask me about virtual therapy, I reassure them that virtual therapy, sometimes called distance therapy, isn’t a new form of treatment; it’s a new form of delivery. Virtual therapy allows clinicians to reach out to clients regardless of where...
Does Online Therapy Work?

Does Online Therapy Work?

In many scenarios, online therapy is just as effective as talking to a therapist in person. For instance, research has shown that online cognitive behavioral therapy for eating disorders is just as effective as the same modality delivered in person.(i) Veterans being...